Great news! The new Crowned With Virtue Club Curriculum is now available! If you are interested in starting a club, please read the information below.
Crowned With Virtue clubs are designed for girls ages 8-12 to form bonds of friendship as they study great heroes. Each club is run by mentors who lead the maidens in the following endeavors:
- Reading and discussing books about great heroes
- Learning public speaking through presentations to the clubs
- Planning and leading activities
- Learning the basics of commonplace books
- Being inspired by hero visits and field trips
Our club curriculum is designed around a central theme for each year. The handmaidens then learn how the Eight Standards of Christathel relate to the year’s theme through the study of great heroes, past and present.
The format and content for the Crowned With Virtue Clubs will work well in settings such as mom-schools, commonwealths, co-ops, community groups and even individual families.
What is included in the curriculum?
When you purchase the Crowned With Virtue Curriculum for the year you will receive:
- An up-to-date handbook that will teach you all the hows/whens/whys of running a club. This includes ideas for budgeting, organization, mentoring tips, sample schedules for either bi-weekly or weekly meetings, and much more.
- Printable full-color posters of The Eight Standards of Christathel, The Hero’s Creed, and a Virtue Certificate.
- The sheet music and audio accompaniment file for the Crowned With Virtue Theme Song, One Little Light.
- The curriculum packet that has been individually designed for the 2016-2017 school year. This packet includes all of the whats/whos of the year. With book recommendations (usually several ideas for each hero), activity ideas and links, as well as ideas for field trips and hero visits.
- An opportunity for a one-on-one phone training with Queen Deborah to help you get started.
- Your name and club information added to our database so we can refer possible new members to you.
- Membership in our exclusive email and Facebook groups where you can share ideas and resources with other Mastering Knighthood and Crowned With Virtue Club mentors.
How do I get started?
It’s easy to begin the process of starting a Crowned With Virtue Club. Simply follow the steps below:
1 – purchase the club curriculum by filling out the form below. If this is your first year running a Crowned With Virtue Club the purchase price is $75.
2 – Download and print your documents.
3 – Read through your documents to familiarize yourself and prepare a list of questions.
4 – email Queen Deborah at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your one-on-one phone training.
Once your training is complete you will be ready to start your club by gathering other mentors and young handmaidens to participate in your adventure. Each year you will purchase the new curriculum at a discounted rate of $50 for the year and receive all the updated information for your next quest for virtue!
Many people want to know how much they should expect to have each handmaiden pay per semester. This has been addressed in the handbook, but there are a few items you may want to know about prior to purchasing this curriculum.
- A binder for each handmaiden is encouraged.
- Handmaidens have the opportunity to earn a Tree of Life necklace at the end of the year. If purchased through us, the cost is $12 per necklace. You could divide this price up between multiple semesters. To purchase them, contact Queen Deborah @ email@example.com
- You will want to include the cost of field trips, crafts and activities and snacks in your own club’s registration fee per handmaiden.